top of page
Veterans Legal Services provides free legal assistance to military veterans throughout Massachusetts, helping them live happier and healthier lives. Eligibility requirements include:
1) You served in the United States military, National Guard, or Reserves (any discharge status),
2) You currently reside in Massachusetts,
3) Your household income is less than 300% of the federal poverty level (see chart below),
4) Your legal case must be based in Massachusetts, and
5) VLS must have topical expertise in your case subject matter.
VLS does not provide services on criminal defense matters, Department of Children & Families cases, personal injury cases, or medical malpractice cases.
Or contact VLS by phone (857-317-4474) or email (email@example.com)
CORI Issues/Sealing Criminal Records
Domestic Violence Protections
Housing (e.g.: Evictions, Conditions Issues)
Access to Public Benefits (e.g.: SNAP, MassHealth)
Subsidized Housing Eligibility
State and Federal Veterans Benefits
Other Non-Criminal Legal Issues
AVAILABLE LEGAL SERVICES
Veterans Legal Services is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and is not part of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or any other government agency.
2023 INCOME LIMITS FOR FREE HELP FROM VLS
The Federal Poverty Level (FPL) is set annually by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services. VLS's income limit is a total gross household income (income from all sources, before taxes, for all household members) up to 300% of the FPL.
HOUSEHOLD INCOME NOT MORE THAN 300% FPL
bottom of page